We can produce large-scale prototypes to help you reduce the challenges of manufacturing a new product.
Prototyping is a key stage in product development, providing invaluable insight into manufacturability and design maturity. Our unique manufacturing facilities allow you to produce large-scale prototype components or fabrications in a representative manufacturing environment, without losing any capacity in your own factory.
Prototyping can add value if:
- You want to understand the manufacturing challenges and risks associated with a new product or component.
- You need to ensure that your design can be manufactured.
- You want to understand fixturing, transport, handling and part manipulation requirements for a new large-scale product.
- We review your manufacturing needs, business drivers and requirements.
- We work with your team to understand the acceptance criteria for the prototype, including inspection and testing requirements.
- We develop a method of manufacture, risk assessment, quality plan and route card for the prototype. We identify tooling, fixturing and other enabling equipment, and can procure materials.
- We manufacture the prototype to the agreed specification.
- We report our full findings, including route cards, method of manufacture, testing reports and lessons learned.
Large-scale prototyping can help you:
- Understand and reduce the manufacturing risks of a new product.
- Reduce lead times for ramping up production.
- Reduce manufacturing costs by identifying problems early.
Find out more
Download the large-scale prototyping flyer (pdf, 100kb) for more detail on our services and capabilities.
For an informal discussion about your prototyping requirements, contact Andrew Wright, principal production engineer.